Today is National Love Your Body Day.
I may never have known that if Tina hadn’t pointed it out. When she asked how we would be loving our bodies today, I really had to think about that. It occurred to me that I thought several discouraging things about myself and the way I looked before I had even left the house. That was no way to celebrate or acknowledge this day.
So this is how I am choosing to love my body today.
1. I will not argue when my husband tells me I am beautiful.
2. I will not feel guilty for eating real maple syrup at breakfast instead of the fake, sugar-free stuff.
3. Nor will I feel guilty for cleaning my plate at lunch.
4. I will feed my body foods that nourish me and give me energy, rather than ones that make me crash a few hours later.
5. I will not avoid mirrors.
6. I will not criticize myself or my appearance when I do look at myself in the mirror.
7. I will not feel bad about eating carbs.
8. I will sweat and get in a good work out, not because I long to be thin, but because I know it will make my body healthy and strong.
9. I will bake a dessert that is made with real sugar and real butter. And no, I will not call myself fat because I eat more than one. Who can stop at just one pumpkin whoopie pie?
Seriously, this is the best pumpkin dessert I have made yet. I got the recipe from Marg at Running on Cupcakes. Click on the link for the full recipe. They are phenomenal!
10. And finally . . . I will send my picture to Heather at Faces of Beauty. Enough procrastinating. It’s time to celebrate how beautiful I am!
How did you love your body today?